Cat and dog licensing within the City of Battle Creek limits now is managed by DocuPet -- we expect this to be an easy, effective process, which also adds benefits for our neighbors who own pets.
License your pet/renew
- Visit the DocuPet Battle Creek website -- battlecreek.docupet.com. Click the link to visit now.
- Call toll-free -- (877) 239-6072.
- By mail to -- City of Battle Creek, Treasurer's Office, 10 N. Division St., Battle Creek, MI 49014. Click here to download the pet license application form for mailing.
- In person -- Visit us at City Hall, 10 N. Division St., to license your pet at the first-floor Treasurer's Office window. Regular business hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
However you choose to purchase your pet license, DocuPet will mail all license tags, with packages arriving in 10-12 business days. Your package will include information on pet owner perks, like discounts and special offers from city pet retailers.
- Fertile cat/dog license - one year - $20
- Spayed/neutered cat/dog license - one year - $5
- Spayed/neutered cat/dog license - three years - $12
All licenses are valid for a full year, or three years, from the date of purchase/renewal.
The City of Battle Creek animal ordinance requires all cat and dog owners within city limits to obtain pet licenses. See Chapter 608 Animals, section 607.17 for more details. Access the city ordinances at this link.
Contact the Police Department at 269-966-3322. Reach an Animal Control officer by calling the non-emergency dispatch number, 269-781-0911.
Download and print our pet licensing brochure here.