Apply Online for a Permit
How To Apply for Inspections and Permits Online
How do I create an on-line (AMG) account? Please go here and follow the registration process. You will be sent an email once your account is created. Once you have clicked on the link in the email your account will be activated.
Once I’ve created the account, how do I link it with the municipality?
1. While logged into your AMG account, click on the ‘Municipalities’ button found in top right hand corner of your screen
2. Search for and click on City of Battle Creek.
3. Under the Building Department heading (in the tree on the left of your screen), click on View My Activity.
4. From here, click on the yellow ‘I have a pin’ link and enter your pin (sent to you in your contractor letter or available by calling the Building Department at 269-966-3382).
1. Select a property by searching by Address, Parcel Number, or Owner Name
2. Enter permit details by choosing the permit type (electrical, plumbing, or mechanical) and input the work description.
3. Enter applicant information and verify contact information. Choose who will receive email notification when the permit's status changes.
4. Estimate fees by locating the necessary fees and enter the quantity.
5. Add any necessary attachments.
6. Successful permit application confirmation.
1. Select the permit you wish to schedule an inspection for by typing in the permit number
2. Select the desired inspection type and choose from the available days on the calendar.
3. Verify contact information and parties to notify regarding the permit.
4. Attach files or photos, if applicable.
Note: Under "View My Activity" you can view, cancel or reschedule pending applications, or review completed inspections.