The primary responsibility of this division is to provide planning for mitigation, preparedness, response and recovery to emergencies and/or disasters within the City.
Other functions include:
- Community Emergency Response Team
- Managing the public warning infrastructure
- Radio Amateur Civil Emergency Team
- Search and rescue team activities
- Severe weather identification, detection and reporting program
Additional duties include coordinating regional response S.W.A.T., Bomb Unit and Weapons of Mass Destruction/HAZMAT teams and operating the Emergency Operations Center.
For additional information, visit bcesmi.org
This division is under the direction of the Chief of Police.