For Battle Creek area residents, BCT offers special door-to-door transportation. Service operates Monday through Friday 5:15 am to 7:00 pm, and Saturday 9:15 am to 5:00 pm. The fare is $7 per one-way trip. Children under 12 years of age must be accompanied by an adult. A discount fare of $2 is available for seniors and people with disabilities. Eligibility cards and advanced reservations are required. For more information please call the BCT office at 269-966-3474(Voice/TDD).
Battle Creek Transit also offers evening Tele-Transit service, Monday through Friday, from 7:00 pm to 12:00 am. This service is open to all area residents but is primarily intended for workers needing transportation to their jobs and residents that need to do their shopping in the evening. The fare is $5 per one-way trip. Call the BCT office at 269-966-3474 to schedule a ride at least 24 hours in advance.
Seat Belt Use
Battle Creek Transit has adopted a new safety rule for all customers riding a Tele-Transit Van (regardless of the service the vehicle is providing).
All customers will be required to use seat belt restraints.
Customers using mobility devices (wheelchair/scooters) will be required to use the shoulder and lap belt or transfer to a regular seat and use the seat belt.
The Operator will provide assistance to those who need help properly securing the seat belt.
In order to make the best possible use of its drivers and vans, Battle Creek Transit prioritizes the type of Tele-Transit service requests that it receives. Reservations may be made by calling 269-966-3474 between the hours of 8:00 am-5:00 pm, Monday through Friday. Reservations will be accepted for the following types of service requests by priority in the order shown.
Under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Battle Creek Transit must provide priority service to our customers that have been certified as ADA Eligible, due to their inability or difficulty in using the regular bus service. Contact Battle Creek Transit at 966-3474 to request an application if you would like to be considered as ADA Eligible.
Senior Citizens & Persons with a Disability
Senior citizens 60 years of age or older and persons with a disability will receive priority Tele-Transit service after trip requests of ADA eligible customers are met.
Customers that are not ADA eligible and do not have a disability and are not at least 60 years old will receive Tele-Transit service on a space available basis.
- Have pen and paper ready and write down the pickup time(s) the Dispatcher gives you.
- Keep a list of all your reservations.
- Allow at least 45 minutes for your trip if you must arrive by a specific time, e.g. doctor's appointment in case the ride is shared or the van is running late. We try not to send you all over town, but shared rides allows us to make better use of the driver's time and provide more rides.
- Tell the Dispatcher what building entrance you wish to be picked up at, if there is more than one. This saves the driver from having to look for you.
- Cancel any trip you don't need as soon as possible by calling the Dispatcher.
- Please be ready for the van at least 15 minutes before your scheduled pickup time and 15 minutes after your scheduled pickup time. This keeps pickups efficient and allows the system to be on schedule for you and other riders.
- Due to its busy schedule, the van will only wait 5 minutes before proceeding to its next scheduled pickup. If you fail to appear for a scheduled pickup, you will be identified as a "no show." If this occurs three times within a 30-day period, your service may be suspended for a 30-day period.