Grab your gloves and buckets, and join the community in cleanup of the Linear Park path for Earth Day!
For the third year, local agencies will invite their staffs and families, and our community neighbors, to participate in cleaning up sections of this 26-mile-long recreation asset. Agencies involved are Aspiring Leaders United, the City of Battle Creek, Battle Creek YMCA, Calhoun County, The Energy Nook, Goodwill Industries of Central Michigan’s Heartland, Kellogg Community College, Kellogg’s, and Willard Library.
This year’s event will take place from 2-4 p.m. on Sunday, April 28; Earth Day is the Monday before, April 22. The global event began in 1970 with protests about the negative impacts of industrial development. The Earth Day Network, which leads Earth Day worldwide, believes that more than one billion people in 192 now participate in this day of action.
We invite our community to join us at one of several checkpoints near the Linear Park path to join us for the cleanup:
- Battle Creek Department of Public Works, 150 S. Kendall St.
- Calhoun County Justice Center, 161 E. Michigan Ave., north parking lot by the path/river
- Bailey Park, 1392 Capital Ave. NE, by ANYbodies Playground
- Southeast corner of Jackson Street and North Bedford Road, in the area of the boat launch
- Kellogg’s headquarters, 1 Kellogg Square, downtown
Each site will provide gloves, trash bags, buckets for glass, and hand sanitizer – while supplies last. We encourage those participating to bring their own supplies, when possible.
Join us for this afternoon of action, or participate on your own! Share your actions and photos with us on social media, using the hashtag #LPcleanup2019.