Calhoun County residents are invited to participate in the eighth annual Recyclerama on Saturday, April 6 from 9AM to 1PM. This event will be held rain or shine at Bailey Park located at 1392 Capital Ave. NE, Battle Creek, Michigan. Residents should enter the event on Wagner Drive which will only be accessible from west bound Emmett Street.
This event is for residential material only. Segregating your items and loading them according to the sequence of drop-off stations will reduce your time spent at the event. Please pack your household hazardous waste carefully to avoid spills and separate your oil-based paint and stain from the rest of your household hazardous waste items. Latex paint is not accepted at this event and will not be unloaded from vehicles.
Items will be unloaded in the following order:
- Clean polystyrene (Styrofoam#6) – cups, plates, takeout containers, meat trays, coolers, and packaging material with a #6. NO packing peanuts or construction related material.
- Appliances and Steel (Freon removal available on-site)
- Electronics: cables/cords, cellphones/phones, computers (including parts and peripherals), copiers, DVD players, fax/scanners, laptops, monitors, MP3/IPods, PDAs, projectors, printers (including ink and toner cartridges), satellite dishes, servers/UPS units, radios/stereos, TVs, typewriters, video game consoles, VCRs, cameras, small kitchen appliances without Freon, clocks, curling irons, carpet sweepers/vacuums, fans, clippers, hair dryers, heaters, holiday lights, power tools, irons, remotes, massagers, and car batteries
- Medications: over-the-counter and prescription liquid, pill, and aerosol drugs
- Household Hazardous Waste: aerosol cans, fire extinguishers, household batteries, paint thinner/turpentine, small propane cylinders, items containing mercury, oil and lead based paint, tube and CFL light bulbs, pesticides/herbicides, cleaners/caustics/solvents, automotive products (antifreeze, brake fluid, transmission fluid, motor oil), sharps- please place inside laundry detergent bottle with lid
We will not collect newspaper, cardboard, glass, cans, and plastic at this event.
Recyclerama is funded through an agreement between Calhoun County and the C&C Landfill. Special thanks to the City of Battle Creek for hosting our Recyclerama event.
For more information, contact the Calhoun County Community Development Department at (269) 969-6395. You can also check for updated information on our Facebook page: Calhoun County Recycling or our website www.calhouncountyrecycling.com.