The City of Battle Creek will hold its third annual City Fair on Wednesday, July 11, an opportunity for neighbors, workers and visitors to learn more about our services and programs and interact with staff from most of our departments.
Join us at Festival Market Square, at the corner of Jackson and McCamly streets, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. The Battle Creek Farmers Market also is open during this time, so we hope everyone will enjoy a delicious, fun, and educational morning at our downtown space. Our rain location is inside Kellogg Arena.
Jackson Street will be closed during this event from McCamly Street to the RiverWalk driveway. McCamly Street will be open, and visitors will have access to the RiverWalk driveway from Jackson.
Highlights of the City Fair:
- 10 a.m. and noon – Join the Water Division team of Ben Blanair and Ivan Scovel for a fire hydrant assembly demonstration. They are the 2018 state champions for quickest hydrant assembly – Hydrant Hysteria is a competition at American Water Works Association conferences.
- The Battle Creek Fire Department will educate everyone with its smoke trailer, teaching neighbors how to exit their home in case of a fire. Presentations take approximately 15 minutes.
- Check out a variety of city vehicles – from the Airport and Public Works, among others – on display on Jackson Street, adjacent to Festival Market Square.
- Practice your golf swing with an inflatable from The First Tee of Battle Creek.
- Make your mark by painting on a 12-foot snow plow blade, attached to one of our new snow plows!
- Meet many of the members of Team Battle Creek, learn some great information from everyone, and pick up some fun give-aways!
We hope you’ll join us and learn more about what your city has to offer! We can’t wait to see you!