The Battle Creek Christmas Parade will take place this Saturday, Nov. 18, stepping off at approximately 6 p.m.
The parade is presented by the Harper Creek Optimist Club and will take place rain, snow or shine, so attendees are reminded to plan accordingly, especially with the colder temperatures upon us. This year’s parade theme is “Unwrap the Magic.”
Watch for the City of Battle Creek snow plow, driven by team member Art Moya and featuring the top vote-getting front blade painted by Ann J. Kellogg Elementary students!
The International Festival of Lights also begins on Saturday, lasting through Dec. 31 with lots of fun and activities – like Crafting in the Creek Day on Nov. 25, and Downtown December Day on Dec. 2. Visit www.bcfestivals.com for more information.
Please note the following road closures, which are posted to our interactive project map. Visit our home page, www.battlecreekmi.gov, and view the map under City Spotlight.
Starting at approximately 2 p.m. Saturday
- Champion Street – West Street to Washington Avenue
- Brook Street – Champion to Garfield Avenue
- United Way/Tompkins – Champion to Van Buren Street
Starting at approximately 5 p.m. Saturday
- Michigan Avenue – Washington to Division Street
- Carlyle Street at Michigan
- Gould Street at Michigan
- United Way/Tompkins at Michigan
- McCamly Street – State Street to Jackson Street
- Capital Avenue – State to Jackson
- Commerce Point parking lot near Michigan and Division
Starting at approximately 6 p.m. Saturday
- Washington – Champion to Michigan, for the duration of the parade