Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Calhoun County residents are invited to participate in the sixth annual Recyclerama on Saturday, April 1 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.. This event will be held rain or shine at Bailey Park located at 1392 Capital Ave. NE. Enter the event through the Wagner Drive entrance.
Currently, the State of Michigan only recycles 15 percent of its municipal waste, which is below the national average of 35 percent. According to the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality, each year $435 million dollars worth of paper, glass, plastics, and other materials enter landfills instead of being recycled. By participating in this event, you will become involved in the movement to reduce, reuse, and recycle along with disposing of hazardous waste in a manner that will not contaminate the environment.
Segregating your items and loading them according to the sequence of drop-off stations will reduce your time spent at the event. Please pack your household hazardous waste carefully to avoid spills and separate your oil-based paint and stain from the rest of your household hazardous waste items.
Items will be unloaded in the following order:
1. Clean polystyrene (Styrofoam#6) - NO packing peanuts or construction Styrofoam.
3. Appliances, metal, and steel (Freon removal available on-site)
4. Electronics: cables/cords, cellphones/phones, computers (including parts and peripherals), copiers, DVD players, fax/scanners, laptops, monitors, MP3/IPods, PDAs, projectors, printers (including ink and toner cartridges), satellite dishes, servers/UPS units, radios/stereos, TVs, typewriters, video game consoles, VCRs, cameras, small kitchen appliances without Freon, clocks , curling irons, carpet sweepers/vacuums, fans, clippers, hair dryers, heaters, holiday lights, power tools, irons, remotes, massagers, and car batteries
5. Medications: Over-the-counter and prescription liquid, pill, and aerosol drugs
6. Household Hazardous Waste: aerosol cans, fire extinguishers, household batteries, paint thinner/turpentine, small propane cylinders, items containing mercury, oil- and lead-based paint, tube and CFL light bulbs, pesticides/herbicides, cleaners/caustics/solvents, automotive products (antifreeze, brake fluid, transmission fluid, motor oil), sharps- please place inside laundry detergent bottle with lid
We will not collect newspaper, cardboard, glass, metal, or plastic at this event.
Recyclerama is funded through an agreement between Calhoun County and Republic Services. Special thanks to the City of Battle Creek for partnering with the county and hosting this event.
For more information, contact the Calhoun County Community Development Department at 269-969-6395. You can also check for updated information on our Facebook page, Calhoun county Recycling or our website, www.calhouncountyrecycling.com.