The City of Battle Creek will hold its first-ever City Fair on Wednesday, July 27, an opportunity for citizens, workers and visitors to learn more about our services and programs and interact with staff from most of our departments.
Join us at Festival Market Square, at the corner of Jackson and McCamly streets, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. The Battle Creek Farmers Market also is open during this time, so we hope everyone will enjoy a delicious and educational morning at this downtown space.
On hand along with city staff from various departments will be City Manager Rebecca Fleury, Assistant City Managers Ted Dearing and Ernesto Reyes, and City Commissioners.
Highlights of the City Fair:
• Check out a variety of city vehicles – from the Airport and Public Works, among others – on display on Jackson Street, adjacent to Festival Market Square
• Practice your golf swing with an inflatable from The First Tee of Battle Creek
• Play giant Jenga and giant Connect 4 with Parks & Recreation
• Meet some of our Police Department’s K-9 partners
• Pick up lots of information, including brochures, business cards and give-away items
• Use your phone camera to take Selfies with City Staff! Take as many selfies with our on-site staff members as possible, using the city logo prop at each table, and head to the City Manager’s table to show you’re eligible for a prize.
Jackson Street will be closed during this event from McCamly Street to the RiverWalk driveway. McCamly Street will be open and visitors will have access to the RiverWalk driveway from Jackson.
We hope you’ll join us and learn more about what your city has to offer! We can’t wait to meet you!