Similar to many public transit agencies across the country, Battle Creek Transit must announce temporary service changes due to driver shortages.
In addition to the changes, please note that we are hiring drivers at this time, and those interested can get more job details and apply at battlecreekmi.gov/jobs. Operator/driver positions start at $19.05 per hour, with no experience necessary, and we will train drivers to get their commercial driver’s license.
In the meantime, we are working to provide the best service possible to the community.
Beginning Jan. 10, the following changes will be in place until further notice:
- Tele-Transit will provide service from 5 a.m.-7 p.m. Monday through Friday. This temporarily eliminates the service Tele-Transit typically provides until midnight.
- We will combine the 3E Main-Post and 4N NE Capital Avenue bus routes. One bus will operate both routes, alternating between them each half-hour.
- Main-Post will operate its half-hour route at :15 after each hour.
- NE Capital will operate its half-hour route at :45 after each hour.
- NE Capital will run an additional route at 6:15 p.m. for passengers transferring from the last hourly buses of the day.
- Our county-wide BCGo pilot will temporarily stop Saturday service beginning Saturday, Jan. 15.
The Transit team cares about taking neighbors where they need to go. If you need more information, or help planning a trip, please call them at 269-966-3474. Service information is also online at battlecreekmi.gov/transit.