The city rescheduled water work for next week on North Avenue, and will begin a road project on North, and Territorial Road.
First, starting Monday, July 19, crews will begin a road rehabilitation project on:
- North Avenue – Van Buren Street to Roosevelt Avenue
- Territorial Road – Capital Avenue SW to Riverside Drive
To start, this work will involve replacing ramps and adjusting manholes. In August, crews will mill down and repave both sections of road. We expect this project to last through September.
Both roads will stay open, but please watch for work crews and changing traffic patterns.
Second, the water team has rescheduled valve replacements on North Avenue that crews planned to do in June; that was canceled due to the weather.
This work requires two overnight water shutoffs next week, 8 p.m. to 8 a.m. Friday night, July 23 and Saturday night, July 24:
- North Avenue, between Garfield Avenue and VanBuren Street W
- Groveland Street, between Harvard Street and North Avenue
- Franklin Street, between Groveland Street and Calhoun Street
- Calhoun Street, between West Street and North Avenue
- Harvard Street, between Calhoun Street and Frelinghuysen Avenue
- Frelinghuysen Avenue, between Harvard Street and North Avenue
- Capital Avenue NE, between Fremont Street and State Street W.
- VanBuren Street W., between Division Street N. and Capital Avenue NE
- McCamly Street N, between VanBuren Street W and North Avenue
- Division Street N, between Mike Humes Way and VanBuren Street E
- Anderson Court, between Harvard Street and Frelinghuysen Avenue
City neighbors in these areas should be prepared to be without water and for a potential boil water advisory when service returns. We will share additional information with the media, and through the city’s website and social media, should it become necessary.
Battle Creek Transit bus route 2E Emmett-East Avenue will continue its detour until crews complete this work. The bus will not service stops on North Avenue between Calhoun Street and Emmett Street. It will continue to service temporary stops both inbound and outbound near Battle Creek Central High School, West Street and Glenwood, and West Street and Garfield Avenue.
We appreciate everyone’s patience as we improve our city infrastructure.