UPDATE 11/17 -- After the new Michigan Department of Health and Human Services epidemic order announced Sunday - which takes effect Nov. 18 - Full Blast will be completely closed to the public for the duration of the three-week order. We hope to reopen the facility on Dec. 9. The information below remains in place.
In an effort to help stop the community spread of COVID-19, and protect city staff and neighbors, city leaders will close some facilities and in-person services for the rest of November.
The city’s Clerk, Code Compliance, and Inspections services already are available only by phone and online, and will remain so when the rest of the closures take effect.
Please note the following changes, to take place from next Monday, Nov. 16, through Monday, Nov. 30. Beyond November, city staff will re-evaluate both the community’s COVID-19 status, and the positive cases and contacts among city staff; 36 employees have tested positive since the start of the pandemic.
- Starting Nov. 16, the City Hall and the Police Department buildings will close to in-person services. Staff will be available by phone, and via email, from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Visit our website for department information: https://www.battlecreekmi.gov/148/Departments.
- Battle Creek Transit services will continue on regular schedules, and the walk-up window at the Transit building will remain open to customers from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Please note the following immediate information, specific to Code and Inspections services, to help everyone get what they need:
- To receive assistance by phone, you must leave a message. Please provide your name, phone number, and reason you are calling. Staff will return calls in the order they are received.
- You can submit permit applications, plans, and payment by mail, or using BS&A online, at www.bsaonline.com. Staff will remotely review applications and plans, and process permits submitted online. Please allow 48 hours for application processing. Plan review may require up to 14 days. Staff will process and issue mailed permits and payment within one week of receipt.
- Inspectionswill take place using photos, FaceTime, Skype, and other visual means. Inspectors will not conduct in-person inspections at this time. Request an inspection:
- Online at www.bsaonline.com
- By phone at 269-966-3382 – leave a message with name, phone number, property address, type of inspection, and requested inspection day
- By email at email@example.com – include your name, phone number, property address, type of inspection, and requested inspection day
- Applications, and lots of helpful and important information, are available online at battlecreekmi.gov/communityservices.
- Inspectors are availableby phone and email to answer questions or concerns contractors or homeowners have in completing a project:
- Richard Bolek, Chief Building Official, 269-966-3319, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Don Wilkinson, Building Inspector, 269-967-3995, email@example.com
- Paul Sheldon, Electrical Inspector, 269-967-4058, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Billy Wills, Mechanical Inspector, 269-967-4057, email@example.com
- Chad Russell, Plumbing Inspector, 269-339-1228, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Code Compliance staff is availabledirectly by email:
- Jason Francisco, Code Compliance Manager, email@example.com
- James Belmore, Senior Code Official, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tom Engels, Senior Code Official, email@example.com
- Eric Morris, Senior Code Official, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Yolanda Johnson, Senior Code Official, email@example.com
- Todd Nowicki, Senior Code Official, firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay current with the city’s COVID-19 response plan, and news from the joint pandemic response with Calhoun County at battlecreekmi.gov/coronavirus.