|Name:||Jackie Hampton, Chief|
Through a philosophy of Problem Oriented Policing and a sincere "commitment to community", the vision of the Battle Creek Police Department is to work in conjunction with the citizens of Battle Creek and Bedford Township in making our community one in which every citizen feels safe and secure.
The mission of the Battle Creek Police Department is to promote community leadership within the department while maintaining a commitment to improving the community's quality of life through crime control and public safety while serving all people with fairness and respect.
Serving is the most important part of the familiar motto "To protect and serve." Serving consists of leading, educating, directing, role modeling, and a host of other requirements. Our department realizes that we are in an honored profession, which has a responsibility to the public to deliver excellence in police service. We believe that joint cooperation from the police and the community will foster a good quality of life atmosphere for the people of Battle Creek.
We have many opportunities in which you can become a partner in making your neighborhood a better place to live. These opportunities are:
- Participating in a neighborhood watch program through the Neighborhood partnership
- Volunteering to work in an after-school program with Battle Creek Parks and Recreation, and Battle Creek Public Schools
- Staying informed and getting involved in community issues that matter to you
- Being an observant, caring and considerate neighbor
- Participating in a Citizen Police Academy and learning more about your Police Department.
If you have any questions, feel free to call the Police Administration Office Monday-Friday from 8:00 am-5:00 pm. Our phone number is 269-966-3375.