Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
View All Calendars is the default. Choose Select a Calendar to view a specific calendar. Subscribe to calendar notifications by clicking on the Notify Me® button, and you will automatically be alerted about the latest events in our community.
October 29, 2016, 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM @ City Hall
At this time, absentee voter ballots are available only for the six reasons listed on the application:
• Voter is 60 years of age or older.
• Voter will be absent from the community in which registered for the entire time the polls are open on election day.
• Voter is physically unable to attend the polls without the assistance of another.
• Voter cannot attend the polls because of the tenets of his/her religion.
• Voter has been appointed to be an election precinct inspector in a precinct other than the one in which he/she resides.
• Voter cannot attend the polls because he/she is confined to jail awaiting arraignment or trial.
Get an absentee voter application and more information on this and other election topics at the city’s website, www.battlecreekmi.gov. Scroll down to the City Spotlight section and click on the elections link.
March 28, 2016 - December 2, 2016
City of Battle Creek residents ONLY. Place your items at the curb on your regular trash/recycling pickup day.
Leaves and other yard waste should be placed in specially-marked containers and/or paper yard waste bags, the latter of which are available at most area grocery and hardware stores. Approved containers may be up to 32 gallons in size and should be clearly marked “yard waste only.” Each bag or container may not weigh more than 50 pounds.
Residents also have the option of renting a 96-gallon car, specially designed for yard waste collection, from Waste Management. These can be used for trash during the winter months, December to March. Call (800) 796-9696 for options and pricing.
Other options for addressing yard waste are mowing the lawn and leaving the grass to create natural mulch, or hauling yard waste to Brice Pit, the city’s compost site, at 715 W. River Road. Please don’t let leaves and other lawn debris run into storm drains on city streets.
July 1, 2016 - July 31, 2017
Show off the beauty of the Kalamazoo and St. Joseph Rivers and their tributaries in Calhoun County! There will be cash prize winners in adult and student divisions. Photos may be displayed in the community and/or used in publications, like the annual community Water Partners calendar.
Sponsored by the Battle Creek Area Clean Water Partners.