The City of Battle Creek is sharing information here that we have on the COVID-19 pandemic. Below is the latest information coming from Calhoun County and the State of Michigan, as well as information related to city operations.
We know the many closures and changes may have a negative impact on neighbors in our community. If you need help, dial 211 to learn about resources from the United Way of the Battle Creek and Kalamazoo Region,
Reputable COVID-19 information is available here:
- Calhoun County Public Health Department: calhouncountymi.gov
- State of Michigan: michigan.gov/coronavirus
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: cdc.gov/coronavirus
This is our COVID-19 response team:
#MaskUp, Calhoun County!
Check out EatsBC the new local, online food ordering service! Click the logo.
Park guidance (click image for full-size):
Click this link to sign up to receive all Joint Operations Center communications.
- May 5 - Joint Information Center presentation slides // Watch the VIDEO here
- April 28 - Joint Information Center - Upcoming vaccine clinics; more vaccine Q&A
- April 21 - Joint Information Center presentation slides // Watch the VIDEO here
- April 16 - Survey coming for those who test COVID-19 positive
- April 14 - Joint Information Center - Upcoming vaccine clinics; vaccine Q&A
- April 13 - Calhoun pauses use of J&J vaccine
- April 12 - Walk-in clinics this week for COVID-19 vaccine
- March 31 - Joint Information Center - Vaccine updates; vaccine survey
- March 24 - Coming soon
- March 18 - Joint Information Center - Many vaccine updates; COVID numbers up
- March 17 - Online registration now available for vaccine appointments
- March 10 - Joint Information Center presentation slides // Watch the VIDEO here
- March 4 - Joint Information Center - Lots of vaccine updates
- Feb. 24 - Joint Information Center presentation slides // Watch the VIDEO here
- Feb. 17 - Joint Information Center - Vaccine information; beware of scams
- Feb. 10 - Joint Information Center presentation slides // Watch the VIDEO here
- Feb. 8 - COVID-19 B.1.1.7. variant found in Calhoun County
- Feb. 3 - Joint Information Center - Vaccine update, eviction/homelessness resources
- Jan. 27, 2021 - Joint Information Center - presentation slides // Watch the VIDEO of this update
- Jan. 21, 2021 - Vaccination form available for employers of essential workers
- Jan. 20, 2021 - Joint Information Center - vaccine update; seeking COVID stories
- Jan. 13, 2021 - Joint Information Center - presentation slides // Watch the VIDEO of this update
- Jan. 5, 2021 - Joint Information Center - NEW web page for local vaccine information
An important way to help yourself and your neighbors --
April 30 - Michigan COVID-19 testing sites
**From Calhoun County and the Burma Center - Burmese support
Testing, self-isolation, myths (Burmese, Falam, Hakha, Tedim)
Click link for YouTube playlist.
Please click image -- food resources
Click for information:
- Oct. 23, 2020 - School superintendent letter to the community
- Oct. 22, 2020 - Michigan health care systems joint statement
- What to do when you live with extended family
- Local food resources for seniors & adults with disabilities
- I think I have been exposed to COVID-19 - what do I do?
- Battle Creek Coronavirus Grassroots Resource Network
- For Battle Creek businesses: Battle Creek Unlimited
- COVID-19 fact sheet
- How to flush your home water if it has been restored after a turnoff
Click the image for the large version of local mental health resources:
- MI Safe Start Plan - six phases
- "Stay Home, Stay Safe" order through May 28
- "Stay Home, Stay Safe" through May 28 FAQs
- Public bodies can meet remotely through June 30
- Change for some Freedom of Information Act deadlines; requirements
- K12 in-person school canceled for remainder of school year
- State parks remain open
- Unemployment benefits
- Hair/nail salons, other personal-care services closed
- Evictions temporarily suspended
- Small business loans now available for those affected by COVID-19
- Restaurants limited to carry-out or delivery service only
- Temporary prohibition on large gatherings
- Community mitigation strategies recommended to slow the spread of COVID-19
Senior Resource Call Center
For seniors and caregivers in our community, the Senior Resource Call Center of CareWell Services is available between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. to answer questions, provide resources, and help seniors meet any needs they may have as they continue to limit their contact, and reduce their risk of contracting COVID-19.
A team of volunteers is able to deliver groceries, prescriptions, pet food, or personal care items. We can help you get home-delivered meals or a Personal Emergency Response button. We are here to answer any question you may have and help you connect with the services you need during this challenging time.
Call 269-441-0973 or 1-800-626-6719.
Telephone Reassurance Program
Seniors looking to stay connected with someone during this time of social distancing are invited to sign up for the Telephone Reassurance Program. Volunteers will call them at least weekly to check on their well being, identify any needs, or provide a person-to-person friendly visit over the phone. To sign up, call 269-966-2450.