About the Department
- City ordinances require the City Treasurer to collect and deposit money owed the city for various services and taxes.
- State law also requires the Treasurer to serve on the Police and Fire Pension Board, which oversees and administers the pension fund.
- The Treasurer receives payments for utility bills, invoices, income taxes, and special assessments.
- The Treasurer also bills and collects property taxes for the city, schools, county, library, community college and state. The money collected is periodically sent to the other taxing jurisdictions.
- In addition to billing and collecting, the Treasurer's division receives, records and deposits all city revenue.
2018 Property Taxes2018 Summer property taxes will be out July 1, 2018. The due date to pay the summer taxes without penalty is Monday, August 20, 2018. Payments with a legible U.S. postal service postmark on or before 8/20/18 may be considered paid on time by the Treasurer if RECEIVED on or before 8/27/18.
You can now pay your taxes on line! Go back to the home page and click on Pay Online. Debit, Credit or bank ACH is accepted through 2/26/19.
will be available July 1, 2018. The deadline to submit an application was September 14, 2018.
2017 Real Property Taxes
2017 real property taxes (your home and land) are delinquent and can no longer be paid to the City of Battle Creek. In accordance with state tax law, real property taxes have been transferred to:
Calhoun County Treasurer
315 W Green Street
Marshall, MI 49068
Contact the county treasurer's office for payoff information at 269-781-0807.
2017 Personal Property and Special Act Taxes
2017 Personal Property taxes are delinquent and still held by the City Treasurer for collection. Other parcel classifications collected by the City are for buildings on leased land, IFT (PA 198), OPRA, NEZ and Public Act 189 parcels.2016 Real Property Taxes