Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing Choice
Regardless of the Community Development program, or the source of funds, the city must promote fair housing for all. Fair Housing laws protect everyone from discrimination in the sale or rental of housing on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, familial status, age, marital status, disability, or sexual orientation/gender identity. The City of Battle Creek has contracted with the Fair Housing Center of Southwest Michigan to conduct fair housing testing. For more information, visit the Fair Housing Center of Southwest Michigan website.
- 2013 Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing Choice (Final) (PDF)
- 2006 Analysis of Impediment to Fair Housing Choice (Final) (PDF)
Get the Lead OutA Plan of Action for Lead Poisoning Prevention & Remediation in Calhoun County, Michigan
Citizen Participation Plan
The Citizen Participation Plan describes how the City will engage citizens in the planning process for the Consolidated Plan, Annual Action Plan and CAPER.
Public Engagement Reports
Public survey results from 10 public meetings and 50 consultations with community leaders during the Consolidated Plan process.
Comprehensive Housing Studies evaluate Battle Creek’s housing market conditions and characteristics and make recommendations for future housing development.
- 2015 LIVE LOCAL STUDY: Battle Creek
- 2015 WALKUP Report
- 2015 Target Market Analysis of Downtown Battle Creek (PDF)
- 2013 Comprehensive Housing Study (Final) (PDF)
- 2006 Comprehensive Housing Study (Final) (PDF)http://mi-battlecreek.civicplus.com/DocumentCenter/View/1950
- Downtown Transformation Plan (2010)
- Downtown Development Authority TIF Plan (1987)
- Battle Creek Vision Plan (Updated 2015)